Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Spinach , mango banana peaches , and lime ...smoothie

Let me tell you a little something about myself. I went to school to become a child psychologist. But then I decided that I wanted to be in the fashion world because it made me happy. And things that make me happy are my family and friends, cooking and art. So I decided to start cookin
g healthy because I like to eat healthy. After I got married I had a child and I wanted him to eat healthy too, so I started making healthy snacks and teaching him how to eat healthy. Some of the things I like to do besides cooking are listening to music, especially classical music. I love jazz because it's such a part of my culture. I also love to paint and I used to ride horses a long time ago before I hurt my back. Some of my favorite cooks are The Barefoot Contessa, Nigella and Lawson. My way of cooking resembles to Nigella's. Some of the things that you will find on my blog will be breakfast for two, salads for lunch and light dinners for two. You will also notice that in some of my recipes that I name my food after people I love or people that inspire me





My Favorite Cocktail For The Morning.

Fresh mango and yogurt with strawberries and blueberries. Slice the mango put in blender
 with ice until smooth and layer it , put in a pretty glass: a nice poolside snack :)



Christmas Truffles.

I started making truffles for Christmas because I love to give food to my friends in these days. The truffles are dark chocolate, peanut butter, almond butter, butter and rice krispies. You mix almond and peanut butter in a bowl with white powder sugar, mixing very well. Then you add the rice krispies. Using your hands you pull one teaspoon of mixture, wetting your hand and rolling them into balls. Meantime you melt your chocolate (I use very good European dark chocolate). You can use semisweet or you can add sugar. This recipe you can make it your own by adding whatever you like, such as coconut, nuts, or cherries. After you dip the balls, you place them in the fridge so they become cold. Then you put them in paper cups and little bags as shown here: 

                      




Homemade Hummus, Black Corn Chips, Italian Pepper Salami and Manchego

The Homemade hummus is basically two cups of chick peas, three tablespoons of good olive oil, one or two cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of tahini. Combine it all together in a blender until it's creamy and it'll last for a week. It can be served with pita bread or chips.





Toasted Almond Coconut Cake

I basically toast my coconut and almonds


Chocolate Cake 

The ribbon is and original ribbon but you can make it with icing, but I chose to use a Christmas ribbon.



Spinach, Salmond & Corn with Lima Beans


Oh ! My !What a great job I Did teaching my Son how to cook. And it's so healthy                           tooo!!!! I hope she likes fish :)








For any additional information or recipes for a determined
 plate in here just leave a comment, i'll be pleased  to answer!

Caroline








No comments:

Post a Comment